föstudagur, nóvember 18, 2005

Nokkrar góðar ástæður fyrir að elska Roy Keane

1. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?”

2. "Away from home our fans are fantastic...but at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch."

3. "Patrick Vieira is 6 foot 4, and he starts having a go at Gary Neville, so I said 'come on have a go at me'. Simple as that. He's trying to intimidate my players and I'm not having it."

4. (To Mick McCarthy on the eve of the 2002 World Cup, in front of the rest of the Ireland squad) "You were a s*** player and you're a s*** manager. And you're not even Irish, you English c***. You can stick it up your bollocks!"

5. "Before the game there was all this stuff about anti-racism and anti-bullying. It would be a good idea to start wearing wristbands for anti-diving."

6. "I'd waited long enough. I f***ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries." (to Alf – Inge Haaland)

7. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye.
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Sport Monthly Magazine

8. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Roy Keane

9. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell football, never mind understand it.
Roy Keane

10. That man can rot in hell for all I care.
Roy Keane
About Ireland soccer manager Mick McCarthy, Observer Sport Monthly Magazine

<>"Roy Keane is Damien, the devil incarnate off the film The Omen. He's evil. Even in training." - Giggs on Keane the Red Devil

"I don't think I could have a higher option of any footballer than I all ready had of the Irishman, but he rose even further in my estimation at the Stadio Delle Alpi. The minute he was booked and out of the final he seemed to redouble his efforts to get the team there. It was the most emphatic display of selflessness I have seen on a football field. Pounding over every blade of grass, competing if he would rather die of exhaustion than lose he inspired all a round him. I felt it was an honour to be associated with such a player." - Alex Ferguson on Roy Keane after the European Cup semi-final tie against Juventus in the 1998-99 season.

Úr viðtalinu góða

well roy keane has spat the dummy again and had a moan about his players after the boro game:



"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar."

More:

"There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January."

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced players. They are just not of characters in the team. It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded.

"Maybe that is what I should do when I come back. Play badly.

"The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

"I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me.

"These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers.

"They think they have made it. They haven't.

"The fact they are out should be enough incentive for those coming in to play better and give more," he said. "It is not enough to play well for 20 minutes, it is a 90-minute game.

"You get well rewarded but you have to put the hard work to earn those rewards."


KEANE ON: EDWIN VAN DER SAR

Analysing the first goal United condeded against Middlesbrough, when Edwin Van der Sar let slip a 30-yard shot... He should have saved that. That was saveable

KEANE ON: JOHN O'SHEA

He's just strolling around when he should have been busting a gut to get back

KEANE ON: RIO FERDINAND

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink robbed Ferdinand for the second goal... I have seen that happen to Rio before. It is poor defending

KEANE ON: DARREN FLETCHER

I can't understand why people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher

KEANE ON: KEIRAN RICHARDSON

On the penalty Richardson gave away.... He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished.. he wasn't doing his job

KEANE ON: ALAN SMITH

What is he doing there? He is wandering around as if he is lost. He doesn't know what he is doing.

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

Gerast áskrifandi að Birta ummæli [Atom]

<< Heim